Mentioned below are a few questions about professional proofreading and editing services which attempt to address your queries. In case your doubts are not answered after going through the following FAQs then do contact us with your query.
- Are you competent enough to work on my documents?
- We have a small group of editors associated with us all of whom are graduates (some have Masters Degree).
- All have some experience in writing documents, proofreading & editing papers.
- Most members of this group have had excellent academic record.
- What are the available methods of payments?
Preferred mode of payment is PayPal. You can pay via a Debit or Credit Card. Your account information is always safe with us.
- How much will this service cost me?
Our rates are based on word count and turnaround time. Just send us your document and we will send you a quotation based on the above two criteria.
- Can I get a sample edited for free?
In case the document is large (Book-long), we can edit 4-5 pages for free. Once you are satisfied then we can proceed further. Though we can’t offer free samples on smaller orders, our minimum charge is only $5.5 for 300 words (per page) and we have no minimum order size.
- What is the preferred mode to contact you?
- Do you guarantee customer satisfaction?
We will make your document “near perfect” in terms of spelling, grammar & punctuation. We will also improve your content, clarity & structure which will substantially enhance the quality of your documents.
- What is the turnaround time for submitted documents?
That depends on the service you order! We offer the following turnaround times for editing and proofreading:
- Premium Service – Same day/overnight service: within 8 hours (for documents of 4,000 words or less).
- Urgent Service – 12-hour service: within 12 hours (for documents of 6,000 words or less).
- Speedy Service – 24-hour service: within 24 hours (for documents of 10,000 words or less).
- Express Service – 48-hour service: within 48 hours (for documents of 25,000 words or less).
- Normal Service – 72-hour service: within 72 hours (for documents of 40,000 words or less).
- Slow Service – 1-week service: within 1 week (for documents of 65,000 words or less).
- Larger documents: rule of thumb for editing and proofreading = 65,000 words per week.
- What do I get for my money?
You get your document or manuscript returned to you within your chosen deadline and with revisions, suggestions, and corrections appropriate to the type of service you’ve requested.
9. How Do I Get Started?
Contact thecontenteditors.com and get an estimate based on word count and turnaround time. Once the estimate is accepted by you 60% advance payment is made. The rest is paid just before delivery of final documents.
- What does rewriting involve?
Rewriting involves substantially rewording and reorganising your content to enhance flow, readability & consistency. Rewrite may be requested in case you want work to be done beyond the ambit of just a basic edit. You may note that the editors do not do research work or fact- checking. While requesting a rewrite you need to let the editor know precisely what you want.
- When we get something edited, do we see tracked changes?
Yes, if you send in a Word document or paste your text you’ll be able to see the changes. If you send in PPTs, PDFs or XLSs, tracked changes are not available.
- Do you support multi-iterations?
After the job is returned to you, you can ask the editor to fix things you don’t like. If you rewrite the text or add new content, you would need to create a new job.